Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Mommy and Me Owl Card


My 2 year old son helped me to make this adorable owl card!

My little man loves to paint, and I love to craft! So I feel like he's old enough to start making things with me! This craft is super easy for them!

Start out with solid card stock. I used white but you could use another color if you choose to. Using your Stampin' Up! ink pads.. transfer the ink on to the lid. Then we used the aqua painters and mixed up the ink to make water colors. I let him paint all over the white paper (give your little one "ink paint" in the colors that you want to use in your project). Don't worry about how crazy it might be turning out.

Then take your punch of choice and decide what area of the painting you want to be the design of your punch. I chose to make my son's art the tummy of the owl. I think it turned out really cute!

Also.. don't forget to save their painting "scraps" for future projects! Think of this like handmade designer series paper!

Products used in this card:
Whisper White Card Stock #100730
Pinwheels on Parade Simply Scrappin' Kit #126929
Midnight Muse Classic Stampin' Pad #126860
Baja Breeze Classic Stampin' Pad #126960
Owl Builder Punch #118074
Wacky Wishes (Hostess Stamp Set) #126410
Aqua Painter #103954

Order Products

If you have any questions about this project or any others, please contact me!

Happy Stampin',

Jennifer @jennsavstamps


http://jennsavstamps.stampinup.net

No comments:

Post a Comment