Friday, January 25, 2013

Valentine's Day Banner Project

After putting away all of my lovely Christmas decorations, January leaves my house feeling naked.. So I usually decorate for Valentine's Day a little early. I love the simplicity of this Valentine banner from Stampin' Up!


The color selection is great because it's not too over-the-top. They have selected First Edition Specialty Designer Series Paper for the background of each flag on the banner.

To make the hearts they used Pool Party, Primrose Petals, Very Vanilla, and Old Olive card stock and cut out the hearts using Heart Framelits Dies and the Full Heart Punch. If you have a little one it would be cute to let them cut-out and decorate some hearts too!

The hearts were adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals to give depth to the project. The final embellishments were done with Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons.


Then they took the finished flags and stitched them together using a sewing machine. (If you don't have a sewing machine you could use Baker’s Twine or Linen Thread for a different look.)

I love this project so much! I plan to use this layout for many holidays throughout the year! I hope you enjoy making a banner for every month too!

Photos and project idea from: Jen C. Concept Artist for Stampin' Up!

Happy Stampin',
Jennifer @jennsavstamps

No comments:

Post a Comment